As a business owner there is a lot you can do to promote your website without having to make a call to your web developer. If you’re already keeping up with website maintenance and you would like to drive some more traffic to your site, maybe its time to remind your customers that you have got one.
So let’s create a list of offline places where you should be displaying your website address to help send customers to your site.
- Business Cards – This is a no brainer. If you haven’t gotten new cards since you launched your site, now is the time.
- Business Directory/Phone Book Listings – most of these are also going online now, so you are missing an opportunity for a link back to your site.
- Invoices – They always get attention, so why not give a friendly reminder.
- Out-going Voice Mail Message – If they don’t reach you on the phone, encourage them to reach out to you online.
- Email signature – Especially do this if the email you use doesn’t match your website address, although I am not sure why a legitimate business would be using a free email address.
- Point of Sale/ Cash Register – Post a reminder to read while waiting in line.
- Service Trucks/Vehicles – When people see your trucks parked outside a neighbor’s house, they will check it out.
- Radio Ads – I had a customer that paid for radio ads and forgot to mention the website address, they got a little bit of a search boost, but it was an opportunity lost. Especially since the website was the only place you could buy their product at the time.
- All Sales Collateral and Brochures – Any questions not answered during your sales pitch, should be covered on the website, hopefully.
- Signage/Store Windows – That would definitely be a big reminder.
These are some of the basics, but I would like to hear some really wild ones! Please feel free to comment below and share something that you know has worked.
Here is a start:
Back of the door in your bathroom stalls – Let’s face it, you have their undivided attention.
Would you like to learn more about how to get more sales leads from your website? Request a Free Consultation.